btownchess.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New chess personalia avatar pictures! Edit your profile and add them to represent you on the forum.
61 Posts in 24 Topics by 20 Members
Latest Member: rupertdo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  btownchess.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Team match?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Team match?  (Read 7130 times)
Capablanca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »

The BCC has been growing slowly, but steadily during the last few months. Right now we have a nice amount of players that would be available for a team match. Maybe we can challenge our fellow players at the IU CC? Maybe against the young guns at the BISCC? What say you?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:59:27 AM by Capablanca » Logged
Lasker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »

Great idea! Count me in.
Capablanca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:52:03 PM »

Ok, guys. Lasker says he's in. Who else? I'm trying to figure out the team & number of boards. We can challenge either club first, but I would like to go for the IUCC first. We should figure out the number of boards (plus one alternate) and who will be playing in those. Are we going by USCF ratings or a voting decision? Give me some feedback, guys!!
Pillsbury

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:17:24 AM »

You can count me in for this idea, too.  Sounds like fun.  If we go by USCF ratings, then mine is 28 years old.  I won't get anything current until I can play in some tournaments this year.  You guys probably can get a good idea of where I am by the games on Tuesday nights.

The schedule might affect my ability to participate because of business obligations, but I have some flexibility.

HNP (Dillberger)
Capablanca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »

If we go by USCF ratings, these would be the top 6 players with non-provisional ratings.

1. Mike Zabawa (1862)
2. Danny Presicci (1711)
3. Adrian Polit (1702)
4. Hal Kibbey (Floor at 1500 so we can safely assume that his last published rating was at over 1700)
5. John Dillberger (1673)
6. Juan Manuel Soto (1601)

Members sorted by most recently active to least. Date of last tournament in parentheses. Ordered by activity, rating.

1. Danny Presicci (Jan 2010)
2. Mike Zabawa (Aug 2009)
3. Juan Manuel Soto (Aug 2009)
4. Adrian Polit (October 2008)
5. Hal Kibbey (Unknown; pre-1991)
6. John Dillberger (Unknown; pre- 1991)

We have 9-10 players who show up regularly although a few are unrated and starting out. We can put together two teams of 4-5. I'm sure the IUCC can do the same.

Scholastic players are training for the Scholastic State Championship and will be playing at the end of February and during March. After that, baseball and other seasonal sports start and the parent organizer told me it would be tough to get them to play chess. I don't blame them. Too much stress.  Cheesy My hopes were to challenge a strong group of HS players, but we can just forget about that for now and talk to the IU club.

On a related note, we are being asked by the scholastic organizer if some of our members could play some of the middle school team to help season them for the state championship. See my post under scholastic chess.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: