btownchess.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
New chess personalia avatar pictures! Edit your profile and add them to represent you on the forum.
61 Posts in 24 Topics by 20 Members
Latest Member: rupertdo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  btownchess.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Scholastic Chess
| | |-+  BCC & Help Local Middle School Chess Team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BCC & Help Local Middle School Chess Team  (Read 7391 times)
Capablanca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »

Tiffany Tsui, a parent and local scholastic chess organizer, is asking our club if we could play the Tri-North Middle School chess team during one of the BISCC (Bloomington Indiana Scholastic Chess Club) meetings before the State Championship. The MS team placed in third and fourth place at the state finals for the last two years and they feel they have a good shot at winning the state championship.

The kids meet bi-weekly at the Hoosier Energy Training Center (see http://bloomingtonchess.org/ for directions) and their meetings run from 1:30 to 3:30. Their next meetings are Feb 7 and Feb 21. On Feb 7 they'll have a class with a chess coach from Indy from 2:50 to 3:30, so we would need to play them between 1:30 and 2:30. The time control would be G/40, since it's the same one used for the scholastic state events. I'm leaning toward visiting them on Feb 21. Anyone else willing to help them out? The more, the better.

Pillsbury

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:50:41 PM »

I will try to help on this one.  Sunday afternoon is pretty good for me.  I may not make in this coming weekend (7th) but the 21st looks good.  I will pencil it into my calendar.

HNP (Dillberger)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: